INTRODUCTION TO PHYSIOTHERAPY
Physiotherapy promotes wellness, mobility and independent function. Physiotherapists have advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well and how to restore mobility.
Is Physiotherapy for Me?
Physiotherapists are experts on movement and function. At Revital Health Physio & Massage our Physiotherapists are skilled at assessing and managing a range of conditions including:
- Physical conditions such as back pain, arthritis and repetitive strain injury
- Sports injuries
- Paediatric conditions such as developmental delay, fractures and cardiorespiratory conditions
- Post surgery recovery
- Physical complications of cancer and its treatment
- Mobility problems related to neurological disorders such as stroke, spinal cord injury or Parkinson’s disease
- Pre- and post-natal problems and other women’s health conditions
- Neck and back pain and other joint injuries
- Respiratory and cardiac conditions
Physiotherapists in Chestermere, Airdrie, Calgary locations: Saddleridge, Abbeydale, Macleod, Legacy, Royal Oak, Savanna can also help you to prevent most of the above conditions by offering advice on posture, exercise, workplace and lifestyle habits.
You can expect your Physiotherapist will follow the system below to ensure your time in Physiotherapy and at home is used effectively to reach your goals.
- Assess your symptoms.
- Diagnose your condition.
- Plan your treatment.
- Treat your condition.
- Continually evaluate the effect of treatment on your condition and adjust the treatment plan if necessary.
- Help you to manage your condition at home and to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Communicate with any other health professionals involved with your condition, such as your doctor, to ensure a united approach to achieving your goals.